People's Choice Award
for Miss Teen, Miss Pre-Teen/Miss Jr. Pre-Teen,
and Little Miss and Mister Franklin County Fair Pageants Only
The People’s Choice Awards are fundraisers to help defray expenses incurred
for state competition by Miss Teen Franklin County Fair, Miss Pre-Teen/Miss
Jr. Pre-Teen Franklin County Fair, and Little Miss and Mister Franklin County
3. The People’s Choice Award votes have no bearing on the judges’ decision.
4. The contestants with the most votes in their respective pageants will be the People’s Choice Award winners. They will receive a plaque.
5. If a contestant(s) chooses not to participate in the People's Choice Award and they are the winner(s) of their respective pageants, they will not be eligible to receive the proceeds from the People's Choice Competition.
6. The winners of the Miss Teen Franklin County Fair, Miss Pre-Teen or Miss Jr. Pre-Teen Franklin County Fair, and Little Miss and Mister Franklin County Fair, as selected by the judges, will receive reimbursements for state competition expenses from the proceeds of the People's Choice competition. Acceptable expenses are:
a. Classes on stage presence and interview
b. State competition attire
They, and their parent/guardian will meet during the week following the fair with their respective Fair Pageant Committees to discuss state competition expenses and limits for reimbursement.
7. During this same meeting, information regarding the state competition and the competition entry forms to be completed will be discussed.
8. Any money raised by these fundraisers, but not spent in preparation for the state competitions, will be placed in the care of the Franklin County Fair Board.
(The Miss Franklin County Fair Pageant also has a People‘s Choice competition, but due to slight variations to its administration, can be found in the Miss Franklin County Fair Informational Packet.)