Wednesday, July 13, 2016 at 7:00 pm
Chairperson: Scott Wood, 502-352-3107
1. All hogs
must be on fairground site by 6:30 p.m.
1. Open and Youth Market Classes
Premiums: 1st – $20; 2nd – $15; 3rd – $10; 4th – $5
Overall Champion – $25; Reserve – Ribbon
● The market hog show will be broken down into weight classes beginning with 100 lbs.
● The maximum show weight will be 280 lbs.
● The classes will be broken on the number of hogs on site and by weight of the hog on that afternoon.
● There will be no more than 10 hogs in any weight class — with a minimum of 5.
● Franklin County Class only will receive additional premiums of $10; $8; $5 and $5.
2. Breeding Gilt Class
Premiums: 1st - $20; 2nd - $15; 3rd - $10; 4th - $5
● The breeding gilt class will be open to any breed of hog, including crossbred.
3. Showmanship Classes
● Classes will be broken into the following age groups based upon 4-H and FFA district hog show rules:
● There will be a 4-H and FFA champion showman selected as well as a Franklin County overall showman.
For additional information, contact the Show Committee:
Scott Wood, 502-352-3107; and J. R. Zinner, 502-803-0414